Korean Mushrooms – 9 Best Korean Mushrooms Recipe To Try!
Are you looking for korean mushrooms recipe you can try this year? As korean mushrooms gains more popularity, more and more people are looking for korean mushrooms recipe to try.
After some light research about korean mushrooms, I want to share to you the best korean mushrooms recipe you might be interested in as well as the benefits of consuming this mushrooms. Let’s dive right into this.
Table of Contents
Korean Mushrooms - Types and Recipe
Korean mushrooms is really delicious, eventhough it serve as side dish, it actually fill our stomach enough to serve as main course. Here are some korean mushrooms recipe you can try at home.
1. Neutari Beoseot (느타리버섯) | Oyster Mushroom
Credit to Mangchi
Neutari Beoseot as known as Oyster Mushroom, is a great option if you are on a diet program as it has lower calories among other mushrooms.
Here are the ingredients to make the stir fry oyster mushroom in the video.
- 2 pounds cleaned oyster mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted perilla seeds powder
- ½ small carrot, peeled and thinly sliced into 2 inch long
- ⅓ cup buchu (garlic chives) cut into 1 inch pieces
2. Pyogo Beoseot (표고버섯) | Shiitake Mushroom
Credit to ommushrooms
Pyogo Beoseot, known as Shiitake Mushroom is one of the most popular korean mushrooms in Asia country.
When soaked, dried shiitake mushrooms has a savory flavor and chewy texture.
Make sure you choose the thick, sturdy tops with earthy aroma mushrooms, then keep it in refrigerator.
Credit to cleananddelicious
Here are the ingredients of the Pyogo Beoseot in the videos:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms cleaned, trimmed and sliced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced green onion
3. Seogi Beoseot (석이버섯) | Rock Ear Mushrooms
Seog Beoseot, as known as Rock Ear Mushrooms are a healthy Korean mushrooms that resemble the shape of an ear. This mushroom is found on the high mountains rock, that’s why it called rock ear mushrooms. You might find it hard to find this mushrooms outside of Korea.
Here are the ingredients you need to make gujeolpan with rock ear mushrooms as in the video.
- 4 ounces rock ear mushrooms (or dried shiitake mushrooms), soaked in warm water until softened
- 4 ounces beef brisket, cut into 2½ inch long matchsticks
- 3 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 2½ inch long matchsticks
- 1 large English cucumber, cut into 2½ inch long matchsticks
- 4 to 8 ounces headless large shrimp, shelled, cut in half along the back, washed
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped pine nuts, plus 5 whole nuts
- Soy sauce
- Toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
4. Saesongi Beoseot (새송이버섯) | King Oyster Mushroom
Saesongi Beoseot, known as King Oyster Mushroom is rich in Vitamin C, antioxidant and also other nutritions.
Here are the ingredients to make stir fry king oyster mushroom in the video.
- 400gm King Oyster mushroom, sliced thickly
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 ½ inch fresh ginger, minced
- 2-3 tbsp black pepper, coarsely grounded
- Fresh celery leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp dark sweet soy sauce/kicap manis
- 1-2 tbsp water ½ tsp cornstarch
5. Noru Goongdengi Beoseot (노루궁뎅이버섯) | Lion's Mane Mushroom
Noru Goongdengi Beoseot, as known as Lion’s Mane Mushroom is full of antioxidant and anti inflammatory agents which really help in reduce and prevent diabetes.
Here are the ingredients to make Lion’s Mane Mushrooms in the video.
- 8 ounces lion’s mane mushrooms
- 1-2 tablespoons butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Sea salt to taste
6. Songi Beoseot (송이버섯) | Pine Mushroom
credit to thatsamorecheese
Songi Beoseot, as known as Pine Mushroom is probably the most expensive mushrooms in Korea you can find on the list here. It’s because this mushrooms is hard to cultivate.
Here are the ingredients to make pine mushroom with burata in the video.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 medium pine mushrooms, brushed clean and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1 sprig thyme, leaves picked
- 1 knob butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 That’s Amore Burrata
7. Yangsongi Beoseot (양송이버섯) | White Button Mushroom
White button mushroom are popular all over the globe. To create a mushroom rice bowl like in the video, here are the ingredients.
- 12 white button mushrooms
- 1/3 squid
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons of chili oil
- very little salt
- 2 tablespoons of cooking wine
- 100 grams of potato starch
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1/3 green onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
8. Mogi Beoseot (목이버섯) | Wood Ear Mushroom
Mogi Beoseot, as known as Wood Ear Mushroom is rich in Vitamin D and also high in fiber which really helps those currently on diet. If you ever eat Japchae, you might already spot and eat this mushrooms.
Here are the ingredients to make wood ear mushroom salad as in the video.
- 25 g dried wood ear mushrooms – about 1 oz
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes/chili powder
- 1 pinch ground Sichuan pepper
- 1 tablespoon neutral cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black rice vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
9. Paengi Beoseot (팽이버섯) | Enoki Mushroom
Paengi Beoseot or Enoki Mushroom is probably the most well known and cheapest mushrooms you can find in Korea. Enoki mushrooms often featured in many korean dishes like Doenjang-jjigae (fermented soybean paste stew).
Here are the ingredients to make the enoki mushroom recipe in the video.
- Enoki Mushrooms (mushrooms of choice)
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
Health Benefits of Korean Mushrooms
Most of korean mushrooms have huge health benefits, even though it differ from one type of mushroom to another. However, I will list the general health benefits of korean mushroom list above including.
1. Boost Immune System
Most of korean mushrooms is rich in vitamin which enhance immune system in our body. We all know that immune system is our health security guard against any disease.
2. Improve Heart Health
Some korean mushrooms, like enokitake, help reduce cholesterol levels and promotes healthy blood pressure which overall help improve our heart health.
3. Protect Liver Health
When our liver accumulate enough cholesterol, whether it came from outside or inside, it can produce many liver disease. Some korean mushrooms like Enoki help promotes the normal liver levels of cholerterol which then help our liver overall health.
Korean word for Mushroom?
In Korean language, mushroom is known as beoseot (버섯).
I believe you can find a lot of other recipe you can use to make your own korean mushrooms. However, here are the type and recipe of korean mushrooms I can share with all of you.
I wish you can try some korean mushrooms and if you’ve done that, let me know how do you think about korean mushroom in the comment sections below!
Check out our another article:
- Best Housewarming Gifts For Your Korean Friends!
- Sambok – Three Hottest Days in South Korea!
- Traditional Korean Hairstyles – Vintage Hairdos In Korean History!
- Why Do Koreans Sleep On The Floor – Reasons and Benefit!
- Korean Mythology – 11 Mystical Creatures and Hidden Folklores!
- Korean Blood Type Personality – The Importance Of Blood Type!