Best Deep Complicated Dramas That Are Just Addictive To Watch!
In this article we will share to you the best deep complicated korean dramas that are just addictive to watch. I believe you might already watch some of these korean dramas. However, let’s dive right to all of these deep and complicated korean dramas for you to watch during your quarantine or lockdown.
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (2016)
Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo is really deep, complicated, heart breaking romantic korean dramas I ever seen. It all start when a total solar eclipse happens in the present, Go Ha-jin gets transported back to the Goryeo dynasty, where she takes on the identity of Hae Soo.
Hae soo has a dilemma on choosing one of the two prince that she love, which is the 4th prince Wang So (Lee Joon-gi), the strong warrior who have scars in his face, or the 8th prince Wang Wook (Kang Ha-neul), her own brother in law that is kind-hearted and caring.
- Lee Joon-gi as Wang So
- Lee Ji-eun (IU) as Go Ha-jin/Hae Soo
- Kang Ha-neul as Wang Wook
Reply 1988 (2021)
Reply 1988 revolves around the lives of a group of five friends in Ssangmun-dong, a small neighborhood in Seoul. Most of the series covered their struggles and memorable moments when they were 18 and 19 years old. The story starts in 1988, covers 1989, and fast-forwards to 1994 and 1995
- Lee Hye-ri as Sung Duk-seon/Sung Soo-yeon
- Park Bo-gum as Choi Taek
- Go Kyung-pyo as Sun-woo
- Ryu Jun-yeol as Kim Jung-hwan
- Lee Dong-hwi as Ryu Dong-ryong
Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) (2021)
Love (ft. Marriage & Divorce) revolves around three married couples in their 30s, 40s, and 50s. As expected, some love affairs involved.
30’s Boo Hye-Ryung (Lee Ga-Ryeong) pursues a work–life balance for herself and her husband Pan Sa-Hyun (Sung Hoon). Her husband works as a judge. They married for 3 years and don’t plan to have children.
40’s Sa Pi-Young (Park Joo-Mi) is competent at her work and also a good mother and wife at home. Her husband Shin Yu-Shin (Lee Tae-Kon) works as a doctor in neuropsychiatry and a romantic husband.
50’s Lee Si-Eun (Jeon Soo-Kyeong) is the main writer of a radio program, she has endured many difficulties with her job and taking care of her husband and child. Her husband is Park Hae-Ryun (Jeon No-Min). He became a professor by support from Lee Si-Eun.
- Sung Hoon as Pan Sa-hyun
- Lee Ga-ryeong as Boo Hye-ryung
- Lee Tae-gon as Shin Yu-shin
- Park Joo-mi as Sa Pi-young
- Jeon No-min as Park Hae-ryun
- Jeon Soo-kyeong as Lee Si-eun
Maybe Love (2012-2013)
Maybe Love is a classic drama that revolves around Han Yoon-jin and her bestie Choi Sun-jung. Choi Sun Jung ended up stole her husband and turned her life upside down. However, Sun-jung did all this for the sake of her daughter. Story about how someone who willing to take everything aside for revenge.
- Park Shi-eun as Han Yoon-jin
- Kim Bo-kyung as Choi Sun-jung
- Ahn Jae-mo as Baek Jae-hun
- Hwang Dong-joo as Joo Hyun-do
Princess Aurora (2013)
Princess Aurora is has a weird story plot line. This is a story of Oh Ro-ra, the youngest of a big family-run food corporation. She’s blunt, and she try to get rid of her second brother’s mistress, who lied about him impregnating her. Ro-ra ended up meet Hwang Ma-ma and fall in love with one another.
- Jeon So-min as Oh Ro-ra (Aurora)
- Oh Chang-seok as Hwang Ma-ma
- Seo Ha-joon as Seol Seol-hee
Everybody Say Kimchi (2014)
This is a story about Yoo Ha-eun, who starts a kimchi business after getting betrayed by her husband, Im Dong-jun. As Ha-eun use all her time to running the business, as she faces a lot of hardship with her competitor and reappearance of her ex husband.
- Kim Ji-young as Yoo Ha-eun
- Kim Ho-jin as Shin Tae-kyung
- Won Ki-joon as Im Dong-joon
- Cha Hyun-jung as Park Hyun-ji
The World of the Married (2020)
The World of the Married korean drama is a complex story about Kim Hee-ae, Park Hae-joon, and Han So-hee. I love the twist inside of the relationship in this drama eventhough this drama made a lot of people rethink of their mind about marriage life.
Ji Sun-woo (Kim Hee-ae), a revered family medicine doctor and the associate director at Family Love Hospital married to Lee Tae-oh (Park Hae-joon), with whom she has a teenage son, Lee Joon-young (Jeon Jin-seo). Everything seems alright until she knew that his husband cheated on her with someone she knew.
- Kim Hee-ae as Ji Sun-woo
- Park Hae-joon as Lee Tae-oh
- Han So-hee as Yeo Da-kyung
- Park Sun-young as Go Ye-rim
- Kim Young-min as Son Je-hyuk
- Chae Gook-hee as Sul Myung-sook
- Lee Geung-young as Yeo Byung-gyu
- Kim Sun-kyung as Uhm Hyo-jung
- Jeon Jin-seo as Lee Joon-young
- Shim Eun-woo as Min Hyun-seo
- Lee Hak-joo as Park In-kyu
- Lee Moo-saeng as Kim Yoon-ki
Genre: Melodrama, Romance, Family
The Penthouse: War In Life series (2020-2021)
The Penthouse: War in LIfe situated in an apartment complex called Hera Palace, and tells a story of three mothers who will do anything for their children, even if it has to set aside moral standard and even involve some sort of crime.
- Lee Ji-ah as Na Ae-gyo / Shim Su-ryeon
- Kim So-yeon as Cheon Seo-jin
- Eugene as Oh Yoon-hee
The Last Empress (2018-2019)
This drama tells a story of Oh Ssu-Ni (Jang Na-Ra), who is a musical actress that marries Emperor Lee Hyuk (Shin Sung-Rok). Oh Ssu-Ni goes against absolute power of the palace. During her fight, she fall into Na Wang Sik ( Choi Jin Hyuk), a bodyguard of imperial family. Na Wang-Sik mission was to take revenge on the person responsible for his mother’s death. Both are trying to break down these royal family.
- Jang Na-ra as Oh Sunny
- Choi Jin-hyuk as Na Wang-sik / Chun Woo-bin
- Shin Sung-rok as Emperor Lee Hyuk
- Lee Elijah as Min Yoo-ra
- Shin Eun-kyung as Empress Dowager Kang
Temptation of Wife (2008-2009)
This drama is a story of a make-up artist Goo Eun-jae, who gets married to Jung Gyo-bin after falling pregnant while she was drunk. Unfortunately, Eun-jae suffers a miscarriage in order to protect her mother in law. Later on, Eun jae’s best friend, Shin Ae-ri, comes and tries to steal her husband.
- Jang Seo-hee as Goo Eun-jae / Min So-hee
- Byun Woo-min as Jung Gyo-bin
- Kim Seo-hyung as Shin Ae-ri / Michelle Shin
- Lee Jae-hwang as Min Gun-woo
Have you watch these korean dramas? Which one you love the most? Let us know in the comments below!